Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Site Analysis: New Stuff Coming Soon

Some of you might have noticed that this week's feature is scheduled to be on the Ulan-ude SAM garrison. Now, I know what you might be thinking: "Sean, what the hell, that's called an Image of the Week." Not so! This is going to be the first of a new type of feature I intend to do on a relatively regular basis called a Site Analysis. It'll be similar to the SAM Site Analysis pieces, or the look at the Iranian missile silos in Tabriz. Basically I'll be analyzing a military facility, describing the layout, the major features, any identifiable equipment, etc. Why did I pick Ulan-ude to start with? OK, you got me there: I'm cheating, it's a big SAM garrison with a lot of stuff that's easy for me to ID. It makes a relatively benign way to begin a new "series" of articles, letting me tinker around with the layout and the overall format without having to expend too much brainpower on the actual analysis. What this also means is that Site Analysis topics are now fair game for you to suggest as future topics for inclusion into the monthly schedule. So, that's what that is all about. Look for the first Site Analysis on the Ulan-ude SAM garrison later this week!

No comments: