Wednesday, October 10, 2012

August/September I&A

See what I did there?  The current issue of I&A has begun distribution.  Due to my different workload this semester I didn't get around to 1) doing this on anything close to a normal schedule, and 2) get around to a separate September issue.
 
Also, don't expect to see anything else "new" from I&A until 2013.  The next two issues will be October and December, focusing on Russia and China and primarily consisting of updated articles on air defense, strategic forces, etc.  There won't be anything in November, the idea is to leave a lot of space open to ensure that all of the updating is complete on time (in theory). 
 
Because of the current workload issue, I may go to a bimonthly schedule in 2013.  We'll see.  If I get things under control the rest of the year, I may be able to retain the hypothetical monthly schedule.
 
Finally, anything notable will appear either here or as an I&A special report for the rest of the year for the reasons listed above.  I also have a rather large (over 100 sites) update to the SAM Site Overview to process as well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sean,
This earning a living thing sure is a drag.
Does anyone know why osgeoint went private?

DV

Sean O'Connor said...

No idea why that site went private.

I can't complain though. I've got two jobs that I actually enjoy, it's just that my teaching schedule switched around a lot this semester. I used to have two classes and three online sections to monitor. This fall I teach in a classroom Monday through Friday, and still have an online section. Being out of the house 4-6 hours every day when I used to be home most of the time caused the problems with my schedule.

But like I said, I can't complain. Beats the hell out of working in a cubicle somewhere!

Sean O'Connor said...

And I should add that this site will not be going private or charging anyone any money, ever.

Anonymous said...

osgeoint didn't go private, he shut it down.